Age determination is based on the age of the participant on or before August 20, 2022
PRACTICES AND GAMES
- Ages 12-14 will have one hour practices once during a weekday (M,T,W, or Th) between 7:30pm-9:00pm starting the week of June 27-30.
- Ages 12-14 will play games on Friday evenings starting July 8th.
- Game times can range anywhere from 6:00pm – 9:00pm.
Basketball Jersey & Shorts (will receive before first games)
Members: $100 Non-Member: $200
- Coaches Meeting: Tuesday, June 21st @ 6:00pm
- Team/Coach info will be EMAILED on June 22nd.
- Other Equipment Required: Athletic, non-scuff Shoes
Last Games/Awards Day: August 19th
Game Schedules will be posted to our sports website, indianlandysports.com.
Children are not the only key component of YMCA Youth Sports Programs. The YMCA relies on dedicated adult volunteers to provide leadership as coaches, officials, score keepers, and team parents and assist with fund raising campaigns. Your time and talents are needed at the YMCA.
Sick Policy: If you child is showing any flu like symptoms, please do not attend practice or games. Your child may return to practice and games when there are no symptoms.
What to Expect:
- Advanced Schemes and Plays
- Introduction to Full Court play
- Intermediate Passing & Ball Movement
- Advanced One on One Defense, Zone defense, Press Defense
- Basic Team Tactics
- Double dribbling & Traveling will be called
This is where a child experience a full game like situation. Children begin to develop complex coordination skill sequences. Can fully appreciate the approach to the basket and understands combination play can be a way of getting there quicker. Full understanding of the rules are important, as this is where traditional basketball is played. Fouls will be called, and that is fine for the growth and knowledge of players and coaches. More importantly, the coach is a role model and should encourage sportsmanship and fair play.
Contact Information : Troy Love, Program Director E [email protected]